Daddy went high-altitude (9,000 to 12,000 ft!) hiking in Wyo last week, as I mentioned. Here are a few photos. He took some great pics--wish I could share them all! (Started this entry last week so it's now been over a week since the big hike...)
On the home front, Sam developed the worst diaper rash ever, tho I've since heard it's common after augmentin, to get yeast on top of diaper rash w/all the concommitant diarrhea! lovely... poor Sam. I sang the Hee-haw song to him the day he got it--you know, "if it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at'all...doom despair and agony on me." I cried w/him whenever I changed his diaper--it must hurt so bad. Throughout his month of illness, I've asked the Lord to heal him, of course, and to help/comfort/sustain him (and us) as he suffers so. Well, yesterday during my devotions, I read in Isaiah 55:8-9 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." Suddenly I realized I'd been praying that Sam would bond quickly w/us and vice versa and I wondered if that's one reason he's been sick. He has definitely grown closer to us both thru all these rough days and I have way more sympathy for him than if he were healthy all along. Could be the Lord used that time to draw us each closer. I certainly don't presume to know all the reasons God allows suffering, but I do know "he allows what he hates to accomplish what he loves" (Joni Earikson Tada). It's hard to watch someone else suffer, for sure, esp your child when they don't understand why they can't breathe or why their bottom hurts so much, etc..., isn't it? All you moms are nodding your heads, I know. :- ) Incidentally, I'm gonna stop asking God for more bonding. hee hee
On a happier note, Sam seems to be on the mend in every way. He's also crawling on all fours, tho he prefers holding onto couches and anything else to cruise around upright. He loves to play w/magnets on the fridge and his favorite is a magnetic photo of himself! No ego issue there! hee hee
We got a backpack/child carrier w/gift certificates from Babies R Us (tks to all of you who've gifted us that way!) and took Sam on a hike in the beautiful hills of PA yesterday afternoon. He fell asleep--photo is blurry as we were walking along when I took it, but you get the idea. We even ran into friends, Lori and Everett from Covenant Fellowship, my old church, there on their way back as we went out-- what fun! 
I think this photo of Bryan and Sam smiling (so hard to capture Sam smiling--he's always on the go) is a real keeper.

2 comments:
oh I could just cry... I love your post MB! You're such a godly mama... I love that picture of him smiling with his daddy! If you want to post a video, there is a little "film" icon next to the photo icon, you click that and then you can upload what you shot. Hope that helps!
Love the new pics of Sam! He is growing in leaps and bounds. The hiking looks like great fun, now all you need is a dog... LOL
Post a Comment