Monday, September 15, 2008

Longwood w/Lizzie and Aunt Pam









Last week, my across the street neighbor, Elizabeth, got to spend a day each w/five friends as her parents were away on a cruise!  Weds was our day, so Sam and I took her to Longwood Gardens in DE.  We met aunt Pam there and all of us had a lovely day.   Longwood now has 3 really cool and HUGE treehouses scattered about the grounds, as well as a wonderful children's garden w/loads of fountains the kids are encouraged to splash in--towels are even provided to dry off after you leave!  Sam didn't seem to mind being in his stroller the whole time, either.  Even fell asleep for about 10 mins (which ruined any chance of a real nap, of course).  I imagine he'll love it when he can run and play and get into stuff.  This trip, the most he could do was touch the leaves as they passed him and get sprayed by the fountains now and then.  I purchased a year's subscription as my sister and mom often go there to walk so maybe Sam and I'll join them every now and then.  Driving home (during rush hr), of course we got stuck in traffic-- a term Lizzie now understands completely.  Everytime we'd see a line of cars she'd ask, "are they stuck in traffic?"  And sometimes I'd have to explain they were just waiting at a light.  :- )  We played "I spy" even tho all we could spy were the cars and red tailights in front of us, and the same billboard.  hee hee  It got us thru the 40 min delay, tho.  Lizzie was a real trooper--never once asked if we were almost there!  Even Sam didn't complain til we got closer to home.


Then, as it was such a beautiful day on Thurs (Sep 11)--no humidity and sunny-- we went to a local park w/Melanie, Madeline and Zachary. 
 We strolled/biked, had lunch, and then Madeline played on the playground as the young-uns were pushed in swings.  Another lovely afternoon and it felt so good to be out of the house and AC.  
Melanie and I enjoyed adult conversation, even if it WAS frequently interrupted!  :- )








And, I recently cleared out the bottom kitchen cabinet drawer for Sam, threw in some tupperware and odds/ends-- as expected and predicted, he likes it more than some of the high priced stuff he's gotten!  :- )

He's also enjoying the cleared off coffee table--go figure...  Here he is doing what he enjoys mostly doing all day--standing around yelling ("ab-ab-ab" or blah-blah-blah" or "da-da-da") at mommy!

Coming soon--our trip to Wilm for the Brandywine Arts festival and zoo!... ttfn, mb for We Three

No comments: