Monday, August 18, 2008







Wow, it's been forever since last I posted on this blog! Do I say that every post or what?! I have good reasons this time, for sure--poor Sam's been so sick the last week or more. Even went to the doc's office! His mother, the nurse, was sure the night he cried inconsolably ALL night that he would perish from epiglotitus or at least, dehydration by morning, so she put a call out to the pediatrician at 2AM, poor guy. Turns out, Sam probably had/still has coxsackie virus which gave him a terribly sore throat and gobs of secretions, from every orifice! (Not good dinner talk, so I hope none of you are eating right now!) ANYway... I have much catching up to do so here goes... We had our first family night a few weeks ago --went to Panerra's and after daddy/mommy had dinner, we 3 strolled over to hear pretty good local bands play for awhile. Sam enjoyed staying up past his bedtime and mom enjoyed getting out of the house! :- ) The music was pretty good, too.



Somewhere in last few weeks we went to mom's for a birthday dinner for my auntie Peg. This photo isn't the best one taken--mom got one of Sam and the gang smiling, but she uses real film so I can't get it on the blog. :- )





The next photos are of a shower friends held for me at work. Couple of docs (EI and RG) and the two shower organizers, Chrissy and El, holding Sam. He was passed from person to person for about an hour and mostly enjoyed himself. I only got a few photos and was put to work opening gifts--too many to count!! Folks were so generous-- we now have lots of new toys and a good start on a fall/winter wardrobe. And Sam especially loved the mylar balloons. ;- ) I'm so glad my buddies got to meet Sam.





















These last 3 photos show Sam at a friend's house in PA. Other friends from NC were there visiting briefly so we ran down on a Sat night and spent some time together. Sam was a big hit even tho by then he was already getting sick/not his usual self. Our PA buddies just had a new pool put in--beautiful! Wish I'd gotten a decent photo of it. Sam fell asleep in my arms in front of the fireplace...by the pool! CM was roasting marshmellows for us all to have smores (all but Sam, of course.). Yummy. A fun night but too short.

I'll be back sooner than later-- I have more photos to download--of Sam's first haircut!!

ttfn, mb for We Three

No comments: