Tuesday, August 19, 2008

1st haircut

Last week we went to our friend, Sarah's, for mommy & baby haircuts. Had to wake Sam from a nap to cut his hair--thankfully, he slept in his carseat the whole time I had mine done! So he looks rather out of it here but he sat very still and didn't even wimper during his first official haircut. Looks like a toddler now. :- ( I miss the baby look but the crib baldness needed even-ing out a bit. :- )












The next big event that week was a brief visit from Indy grandparents, grandma and grandpa. We wore our Colts shirts to welcome them.









They were headed to Pittsburg for a wedding on the weekend so drove a little further to see Sam. Sadly, he was sick the whole time, cranky and not sleeping. We hope he didn't share the wealth of his cold w/them, as he has done w/mommy!








And here he is asleep in his exersaucer after one of his all-nighters. Of course, after the photo shoot when I went to get him out and put in his crib, he woke and wouldn't return to sleep. Oh ba-rother!


Sure hope he's back to normal Sam soon. Even tho he's been sick (and not sleeping well, day or night!), he's had time to learn a few new things, like how to stand in the crib, even tho the mattress is all the way lowered. After what seems a bazillion times being rescued/taught how to slide hands down the rails/sit again, last night he got down on his own. (I watched on Sam-cam.) Hallelujah!



This is day 2 of daddy's big hiking trip out West. I'll put in a photo he had me take to email his fellow campers letting them know he was all set to go. ha ha I sure miss him and look forward to next Weds early AM when he comes home...



Tonight, the other 6 women left behind and I will get together for a girls' night at a neighbor's house. The older kids will play in the park, we'll put the babies down in pac-n-plays and watch a chic flick or maybe just chat and eat junk food. Then it's only 5 more days--and nights-- to go! :- )



tt, mb for Just Us Two, for now

No comments: