Sunday, January 18, 2009

Happy birthday, Samuel!



Mommy decorated her 1st cake since high school/4H days-- a snowman since it's January and the 1st planned date for his bday was snowed out!  Sam had his own cake--same as ours but w/o the cocount.  The sugar rush (his first taste of sugar) kept him up til about 9 or so.  :- )  While these don't show it, he eventually did the traditional cake wearing most 1 yr olds do--cake all over his nice outfit, his face/hands/hair, and even on his sox!








I have a group shot to add but blogspot is having trouble uploading images today so I'll post these and add more later.  See you soon--ttfn, mb for WeThree

Finally--the group shot!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi MB! Just wanted you to know that I read your blog regularly and love seeing and hearing what Sam is up to. Loved the Christmas and birthday photos! As for things to do inside during winter, try "hiding" things under plain old boxes and make a game out of finding them. When he tires of that, turn the boxes over and place a small toy in each one. He'll most likely change the occupancy of each box, repeatedly. Also, vary the sizes of the boxes so he can nest them (show him how, of course). Find a box big enough for him to crawl into, and he'll have a ball playing in it. Get a second box big enough for his favorite stuffed animal or doll, and show him how to place it in its box while he's in his. Another thing I used to do with my kids was to place old postcards or greeting cards along the walls, standing up, sort of, between the woodwork and the walls. I'd spread them around the house, and they'd spend a lot of time finding and gathering them! Nothing new about these ideas, but they're tried and true! Give my best to "the guys." A.Arlene

The Three Moons: said...

Oh my goodness... those pictures are SO CUTE! What a classic "first birthday" shot with the icing all over his face! I had no idea YOU made that cake when you showed it to me, I thought maybe your mom did and she was like a real baker or something... it looked awesome... well done, MB! Love, Julie
p.s. please thank your aunt for her ideas... I'm stealing them for us too!

Unknown said...

MB - your cake turned out perfect! Even the scarf. Where did you find that? I stole 2 of your pics of Z and S. Hope that's okay. Will they take me to jail?