Wednesday, January 14, 2009

One small step...






...Sam's been wandering around for ages but suddenly, he's walking from one end of the family room to the far end of the kitchen w/o ever taking hold of anything or anyone, doing the Frankenstein, as one friend called it--"arms wavin' in the air like he jus' don't care."  And just in time for my mom to watch him for 2 days so B and I can go to a marriage retreat w/our team related churches.  Poor mom.  :- )



As Bryan put it, wasn't it brilliant foresight that mommy bought that exercise ball knowing Sam wd come along and like to play w/it?  ha!  Sam does love rolling around on this thing--I hold his arms and let him roll over it or bounce him on it.  Our friend Val suggested he might enjoy being bounced on it, like a trampoline w/mommy holding on, so I got it out and boy does he like it!!  I'm always open for suggestions for indoor activities for 1 yr olds...  something other than "take my shoes off so I can eat them" or "climb the couch" or "stuff my hands in the TV equipment."  :- )




And this is game day gear, of course --go Eagles!
As always, thanks for stopping by our pleasant places!  ttfn, mb for WeThree

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi MB!
Love the photos of Sam walking...so CUTE! I'm not a bit surprised about his liking the big ball. After Tyce had his stroke, a ball like that was part of his physical therapy. They would lay him across it and roll the ball slightly in all directions; it helped him learn to balance himself. Marcie used it every day for months and months. I credit much of his recovery to her diligence in carrying out his various therapies on her own, in-between visits from the therapists. No better DIL in the whole wide world!

Hope you three remain well the rest of the winter!

Love, A.Arlene