Our niece Bryanna sent us a Flat Stanley to carry around and photograph for her elementary school class in Alabama and the day after we got him, we were going into the city twice so we got day and night pics w/Stan. Thought it'd be fun for you all to see him, too.
I'll be going to NYC for a day in April and will take him along for some sight-seeing. Everywhere we went, others nodded and said, "oh yeah, we know all about flat Stanley," even folks at the deli in the worlds' greatest grocery store, Weg-mannnnzzzz knew who he was... too funny.
I thought this a rather pensive looking Sam--so rare to catch him not in motion! Here he's looking out our front door.
And this was yesterday--in the morning he was wearing one of mommy's lingerie bags as a hat (looked like a tam or french beret) on his head (least it wasn't undergarments that go in it!) see that big white and brown horse behind Sam? Our teenage friend, Kathryn gave it to Sam Monday, we stopped by their house after the placement appointment--sweet, eh? He loves it!
And in the afternoon/evening we watched our friends' kids --always a good time for all until bedtime. Sam still isn't keen on sleeping anywhere other than his own bed. Must have some of Uncle Tom's genes in him afterall. hee hee
Typical look w/3 littles, as MamaB calls them. :- )
Best of all this week, Monday afternoon found us signing "We Three" lives away to have Sam officially "placed" in our home which means, while he's not offically adopted w/a legal name change, he is no longer fostered--yippee!! Placement means our agency has placed him in our care "with the intent to adopt." (This has always been the case in all our minds, but now it's more binding.)
Here we are at the agency's local office- we celebrated w/dinner out at a family Italian restaurant where Sam did well--flirted w/the waitstaff the whole time. They all loved him--as do we... ttfn for We Three
This just in--as I typed, he moved the kitchen chair to the stove and tried to climb up on it--Edie will say I deserve this... ha! And FINALLY, I figured out how to load a video clip so I'll try and post a few now and then.
What the hey, I'm on video roll... here's one of him just playing and being himself whilst I chatted w/a friend on the phone--shows his happy side. ttfn for real, now.

3 comments:
"Sam still isn't keen on sleeping anywhere other than his own bed. Must have some of Uncle Tom's genes in him afterall."
What's wrong with preferring your own bed? The pillows fit your head, the blankets smell right and it took you 30 years to get that mattress broken in just right.
And for the record, Uncle Tom can FALL asleep just about anywhere--he just can't STAY asleep anyplace but Colora.
Uncle Tom C.
MB, I loved the movie clips. It was neat hearing Sam's voice for the very first time! And the laundry bag on the head was hilarious! So glad things are moving along with the adoption, too. Keep the news and photos coming....
A.Arlene
Hey MB,
We're doing Flat Stanley sightings in our geography class at HDO...can I send along a pal for your niece's F.S. and you can take pics of their adventures together?! The kiddos will think it's a hoot!!Let me know!!
Love,kath
PS I love the pics of your little man even more than Flat Stanley :)!!
Post a Comment