

Been a long while again, eh? Sam's had that wicked diaper rash back (I changed diapers every 1/2 hr to 45mins for 2 days straight--and each change took about 10 mins because of all we did to try and heal the erosion on his poor bum!) and so I've spent the past week or more trying to get diarrhea stopped and clear up the rash. Called the doc about it and he switched him to just pedialyte for 24 hrs, no formula, then we added in lactose-free formula 1/4 strength one day, 1/2 strength next etc... til we are currently only on BRAT diet and lact-free form. Can't believe Sam's not sick to death of rice cereal, bananas and applesauce--his mother is sick of giving it to him. But when Bryan took him in for a visit Sat (Sam had pink eye in both eyes following his cold of last week), doc said keep him on BRAT as long as he'll tolerate it. Apparently, those normal flora and fauna of the bowels take a long while to recover after augmentin, in babies. Lovely, eh?!
You wdn't believe all the ideas for getting rid of diaper rash I got. I tried most of them, too! But best of all was leaving him open to the air. He peed on the kitchen floor many times in the last week, and one nice afternoon I took him outside to be "free!" He loved flapping in the breeze. :- ) I seriously think that was the best thing for him--seemed to help most.



And last Friday we went to a co-op for some of the homeschooled kids I know so I could give a brief message about nursing and germs. (They were doing a lesson on Florence Nightengale.) The kids enjoyed dressing in OR garb after the "lecture" portion. Am sure if you look at the All8ofus blog or K6family, you'll soon see more of the same. Most of us had to use cellphones for photos, tho, so they aren't too clear.
That's all for now--my son is calling me. More maybe tomorrow as we had a fun Sunday and I have more to report!
ttfn, mb for WeThree
No comments:
Post a Comment