Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Week one




Photos in order of appearance are:Sweet Smilin' Sam; the favorite position for sleep and "aunt Lois" and Sam meet!

Well, we've had a crazy week getting to know each other, but have experienced God's grace in many ways. Samuel is happier by the day and seems to be adjusting very well, as well as bonding to us both. We're grateful for vacation time for Bryan that means he can stay at home this whole week and help with the transitioning season.
Samuel (at just over 5 mos) is quite alert, active and able! He holds what we call the Superman pose (on his belly, holds his arms and legs out straight) for long minutes, just because he can. :- ) He rolls back and forth, jumps like a madman in his jumping stationery seat (borrowed from Julie, TYVM!), and can sit alone for brief periods-- a few mins.
Already he is scootching across the family room floor, military style. He has slept thru the night on 2 out of 5 nights. This morning, he woke at 3:30AM and again at 6, but talked himself back to sleep w/o mommy and daddy having to go in and check on him. Mommy was basically awake from 3:30 on, wondering if he got back to sleep ok, so she's quite weary right now, but not Sam. He's downstairs entertaining his dad. Course, he's had 2 long naps today--Sam, not daddy! :- )
We'll add a few more photos for those of you hungry for such things. Keep checking back-- I'll try to update weekly, at least!
Thanks for sharing in our joy-- ttfn, mb, for We Three

7 comments:

The Three Moons: said...

Love your blog MB!! I put up a little blurb about Sam on mine too!! I'm going to add you to mine so I can check in regularly... so glad you did this! I love that picture of him sleeping... I just want squeeze him, he's so cute!!

All 8 of Us said...

Oh,so very excited for you.
"A hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a promise fulfilled is a tree of life"
The Lord has certainly honored your patience and perseverance in this long adoption process. He had this little boy in mind for you all along!! I can't wait to get to know your sweet Sammy boy :) Oh and I love the sleeping picture...that is my favorite baby position...bum in the air all snuggled in for a good sleep!
So glad to hear the transition is going so smoothly...His grace will continue to pave the way as you seek Him in parenting this precious gift.
Rejoicing!!
Love, Kathi

Anonymous said...

What wonderful pictures! We can't wait to meet our new cousin. Sending you love and hugs,
Kara and the Fulop Fam.

Anonymous said...

Samuel is adorable, and you must be SO HAPPY to finally hold him in your arms. We are so anxious to meet him.

Luvs'n'hugs,
Aunt Arlene

Bryan said...

Isn't my wife such a cute little blogger?

Anonymous said...

Dear MB&B: You are so blessed, and we are so happy for you! Thank you for your e-mails. We were at OBX last week w/the smoke (heard your mom just returned), so I'm still digging out of e-mails at work; hence, the delay in responding to your news about the wonderful addition to your family. Kids do change your life, but only for the better, and I even have a teenager and can still say that! hehe Hope to see you all soon. Love, Robin

Anonymous said...

hey duddette
this is so cool MOM!!! ; ? )
love the pics of the fam...
baa