Sunday, February 19, 2012

Catching up...


I am probably the only person in the wintry parts of this country lamenting that we've had a mild winter. Sam and I miss the snow. Last yr was "da BOMB" for snow. This yr, not snow much. So here's a few pics of our pathetic so-far snows and Sam doing his level best to enjoy it anyhow. He can make snowballs and find enough snow for "snowcream" in the lightest of dustings. :- )




One of the FEW snow days we had--here he's preparing to throw a snowball at daddy.

Sam so desperately wanted it to snow so he could use the new kids' shovel we got him.

Madeline, Sam and Zachary--3 superhero buds. I love that these 3 live close enough to visit each other often.


Sam took soccer lessons on 8 consecutive Sat's, this winter,
Usually a blur...
He did a lot of running, little kicks thru cones--learning the basics! :- ) He really enjoyed his soccer mornings. Mommy enjoyed the 2 hrs free time while men went to soccer (I just went to the 1st one).


Our dishwasher finally gave up the ghost, after a long illness. :- ) Here's Sam helping daddy to change out the old for the new. We were only w/o a dishwasher for maybe a week--was I ever grateful (still am) for our new dishwasher! Sam learned his flat from philips screwdrivers this day.
Me-mom and Aunt Pam came up for cake and ice cream on Sam's actual b'day--a Tuesday. Sam and I made little hats for all of us to wear.

4 yr's old... wow.


We celebrated Sam's bday twice--once w/Memom and aunt Pam and once, a few days before on the weekend w/friends Machowski's, and Stephen and Warren stopped by, too.


The theme this year was firetrucks!
My friend/neighbor, Chrissi, helped me do the "grass and flames" decorations. Sam helped by nibbling the edges a bit before everyone had a chance to see it. turkey...


I made a beef and beans recipe one night and decided to call it Cowboy Stew, made everyone dress for the occasion, as if we're eating around the chuck wagon. Helped to encourage Sam to eat it! :- )
My handsome cowboy.
And the cute little cowhand...


Next up--Egg Hunts and Easter! We're having a busy weekend--hope you all are enjoying the joy of Easter and celebrating our marvelous Savior. He has risen!! ttfn, mb for WeThree

No comments: