Sunday, December 11, 2011

fall updates




hi folks,
Christmas time again and I'm realizing how far behind I am in updating this blog. Since I'm up at 4:30 this AM due to Sam, may as well at least post some new pics! Sorry for the delay.

These are in reverse chronological order as that's how I loaded them and I don't want to take time to fix it! :- ) Starting w/after we got the tree... daddy reading The Grinch to Sam, who decided "it's too scary" so I'm not sure they finished it!
At the tree farm--aren't these wreaths so pretty?
And this smile is pretty!
They have these great playground toys at the farm so Sam gets to romp while we wait for our tree to get wrapped up to take home...

Meeting another sailor on the gangplank.

Surveying the sea for other ships...

Guess this can be a car or plane--whatever they want. Clearly enjoying whatever it is... Next to our chosen tree. Wish the truck weren't there behind it--the guy just pulled up before someone took this for us. :- (
While they cut the tree down w/chainsaw.

Wandering around looking for the perfect tree-- honestly, it usually takes us 2 mins--we find one we like then look a bit just to be sure but usually come back to the same one. Anyone else have this experience? I remember walking for what seemed HOURS when I was a child at the Christmas tree farm!

Got it home and in the stand, lights on it and Sam helps w/the vacuuming. Decided he shd have his ski helmet on while vacuuming. Doesn't everyone wear helmets to clean? :- )


While I got decorations out, Sam playing w/some of his personal decos.

Helping around the yard...

Had a visit from the Stingles from Indy this Sept--Aunt Arlene came along as well and took most of these pics for us. A fun visit.


Grandma reading to Sam.
No visit is complete w/o a project for grandpa--our fan died while they were here so he and Bryan put a new one in. Tks, Grandpa!

A tender moment w/grandpa.Our good friends, Tom, Mel and gang, stopped by while aunt Arlene took pics-- that's Sam's bud, Mackenzie, on bottom right--she happened to be next door visiting her me-mom.
At Pop shop w/Stingle gang

The speeds of Sam--scootering...

and plasma car speed--at E's house. One cool car!

E and Sam, at his house-- 2 peas in a pod.

Bryan took this--Sam pretending to be Goliath, like the donut man on TV behind him. B was amazed that Sam cd put together a similar outfit based on what he had on hand, all by himself.Labor day weekend, we went south for reunion w/Norment gang--here's Sam w/some cute cousins!
Uncle Tom brought these "screaming monkeys" that you catapult thru the air. We must've had 30 of them flying around the back yard at one point. Adults and kids loved them. :- )
Merry Christmas, all--hopefully I will get back to posting in the new year!
ttfn, mb for WeThree



1 comment:

The Three Moons: said...

haha, I love that Kenzie got in on your family pic with the Macho's!! So my kid! Love that pic of Sam racing on his scooter to! And where do you get your tree? I want to go some place fun like that with a playground!